Harvest Bowl with Maple Tahini Dressing
Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cranberries – all the best of the fall/winter harvest in one bowl! Perfect for meal prep as a weekday lunch on the go, or served alongside grilled salmon or chicken breast as a heartier, more protein-packed entrée.
- -->For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- -->For the Bowl:
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 5 oz pack greens (spinach, baby kale, power mix... your choice!)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened or apple juice sweetened)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz feta crumbles*
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While oven is preheating, in small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Line an aluminum baking sheet with foil and spread cubed butternut squash and brussels sprouts in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 min, or until fork tender. Allow to cool.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat 1 TBSP olive oil. Add greens and sauté just until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled squash, brussels sprouts, greens, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Toss with dressing (whisk again if separated). Serve atop bed of quinoa and top with feta crumbles.
*Omit the feta to make it vegan/dairy-free