Lemon Curd with Coconut Cream and Blueberries
Tangy lemon curd is paired with whipped coconut cream and sweet blueberries to make this delightfully balanced summertime treat. It is bright, refreshing, and luxurious – a showstopper for your next dinner party al fresco, or, you know, any casual Monday.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks, maple syrup, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and add the butter. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Immediately pour through a fine mesh sieve placed over a heatproof bowl. Using a spatula, gently stir the mixture, coaxing it through the sieve into the bowl. Discard any solids remaining in the sieve. Lay plastic wrap or parchment paper on top of lemon curd to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until well-chilled.
- Just before serving, remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge and open. The white coconut cream will have separated from the clear coconut water in the can. Carefully spoon the hardened cream into a mixing bowl, reserving the water for another use. Using a hand-mixer (or stand mixer, if preferred), whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- To serve, divide the lemon curd among 4 small bowls (approximately ⅓ cup per serving) and top with the coconut whipped cream (approximately ¼ cup per serving). Gently spread the coconut whipped cream atop the lemon curd until evenly covered. Finish each serving with ¼ cup fresh blueberries and enjoy!