Pan-Fried Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Shallots
These simple lamb chops are easy enough for a weeknight and elegant enough for a dinner party. Pair them with some roasted sweet potatoes and sautéed green beans. For an extra burst of flavor, try topping with roasted garlic.
- 8 small lamb rib chops (about 1.5 lbs)
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Combine shallots, rosemary, and red pepper in small bowl. Rub about 1/2 tsp mixture over each side of the chop. Sprinkle chops with salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet (or grill pan) over medium heat. Add chops to skillet. Cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.